Please note during the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak we continue being open for business throughout the year and welcome the public to have free telephone consultations with us without the need to travel in to see us.

Immigration Unmarried Partner

If you have been cohabiting together for two years, you could consider applying for an unmarried partner visa subject to meeting certain requirements such as demonstrating that you meet the financial requirement of earning £18,600.00 per annum. There are also other ways in which this financial requirement can be met which can be discussed with you by one of our specialists.

If granted, this would allow your partner permission to reside and work in the UK. The initial visa is valid for two and a half years which would need to be subsequently extended for a further two and a half years. Your partner could after five years apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

At Vestra Lawyers, we have experience and knowledge in assisting you and your partner with the visa application so that you can enjoy your life together. Contact us today to speak to our specialist solicitors by calling 0121 728 5999 / 0203 929 5999 or alternatively you can email us at


immigration unmarried partner