Please note during the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak we continue being open for business throughout the year and welcome the public to have free telephone consultations with us without the need to travel in to see us.

Immigration Travel Document

Travel documents are issued by the Home Office to persons who have not yet acquired British citizenship but have the need to travel in and out of the UK, have permission to be here and cannot obtain a passport of their country of nationality (or are Stateless) due to their circumstances.

The permission you will need to be in the UK is: as a refugee or Stateless person; humanitarian protection; discretionary limited leave to remain after failed asylum application or indefinite leave to remain.

Normally you will be required to demonstrate that either you have approached your country’s issuing authority in the UK for a passport document and have been unable to get one or else that you are here as a refugee or Stateless person and are therefore unable to approach any diplomatic missions.

At Vestra Lawyers, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you with these types of applications. Contact us today to speak to our specialist solicitors by calling 0121 728 5999 / 0203 929 5999 or alternatively you can email us at

immigration travel document