Immigration Points Based System (PBS) Dependant
When a migrant comes to the UK under the Point Based System [PBS] their dependants are known as PBS Dependants.
Under part 8 of the Immigration Rules, the following are a PBS migrant
- Tier 1 Migrant,
- Tier 2 Migrant,
- Tier 4 (General) Student,
- or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant with leave in one of the following subcategories:
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Creative and Sporting;
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Charity Worker;
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Government Authorised Exchange;
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) International Agreement; and
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Religious Worker.
You may be able to enter the UK as a family member of a PBS migrant (main applicant) depending on the type of visa held by the PBS migrant.
PBS Dependants can apply for indefinite leave to remain [ILR] in the UK depending on the type of leave held by the PBS migrant, the length of their residence and satisfying other requirements.
Family members of PBS migrants need to demonstrate they continue to be family members and part of the same family unit of a PBS migrant and are able to financially support themselves for the duration of their stay without recourse to public funds. PBS Dependants are granted leave in line with the expiry dates of the PBS migrant’s leave.
At Vestra Lawyers, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you with these types of applications. Contact us today to speak to our specialist solicitors by calling 0121 728 5999 / 0203 929 5999 or alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.