Immigration Domestic Worker

You can apply for a visa to visit the UK with your employer. You would need to demonstrate that you plan to travel to the UK with your employer, their partner or children and intend to work as a full-time domestic worker in a UK household your employer will live in.

You must prove that you are 18 or older and have worked for your employer for at least 1 year. You would also need to prove that you have worked in the same household as your employer or one they use regularly. You must plan to leave the UK at the end of 6 months or at the same time as your employer, whichever is sooner. You would also need to demonstrate that you are able to support yourself in the UK without the need for public funds.

Your employer must be either a British or European Economic Area (EEA) national who usually lives outside the UK and who does not intend to remain in the UK for more than six months or a foreign national who is coming to the UK on a visit and who does not intend to remain for more than 6 months.

At Vestra Lawyers, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you with these types of applications. Contact us today to speak to our specialist solicitors by calling 0121 728 5999 / 0203 929 5999 or alternatively you can email us at

immigration domestic worker