Immigration Child Dependent

You may be eligible to settle in the UK if at least one of your parents is settled in the UK. You must be under 18 and dependent on your parent(s). One of your parents must also be applying or have applied for a visa or to extend their permission to stay as a partner and the partner they are joining is your other parent or the parent has sole parental responsibility for you.

Otherwise, you might still be eligible to apply if there are serious reasons to let you come to, or stay in the UK and there are plans for your care.

If you are over 18 your parent can include you in their application as a dependant, or you can apply separately yourself. You can only apply if you had permission to stay in the UK (‘leave to remain’) on a family visa when you were under 18 you do not live an independent life.

Vestra Lawyers are aware how it can adversely impact a family if they are separated especially where it is concerning children. We have a wealth of experience in dealing with these types of matters and to discuss your matter, contact us today by calling 0121 728 5999 / 0203 929 5999 to speak to a specialist or alternatively you can email us at

immigration child dependent